Saturday, February 11, 2012

Any really good Restaurants in Pittsburgh, PA?

I want to find some new places to try out this summer in the pittsburgh region (downtown, south side, waterfront or south hills area...other area aka north,east and I guess west are acceptable, just harder to get to for me)...I've been to places like nakamas and the tin angel, I want to try something new...something unique to Pgh (not like lone star or good ol mcd's)...BTW~ me n my fiance don't drink, I mean it doesn't matter if you answer me with places that have bars, it's just weren't not into the bar scene, just the food and atmosphere. Also, we would like to know of any family friendly restaurants...we have a two yr old daughter. If you could, list some places for just us and some for our family! I appreciate everything and I really can't wait to try out Grill 36 (Jerome Bettis new place on the north shore!! :)) Cheers and Go Steelers!!!Any really good Restaurants in Pittsburgh, PA?
Ok where do I start. Ok for breakfast go to the Strip District and go to Deluca's, if you little loves pancakes or french toast she will love it.... If you are going on a Saturday, go early. Any other day of the week you are pretty much ok. After breakfast, enjoy the Strip. The shopping and the shops are fun and a nice way to spend the morning. Plus it smells so good.....Go to Prestogeorge, say hi to all of them there and get a coffee. If you love Starbucks, you will love this even more. For lunch you have several choices but the one I love is to go a get some bread and cheese from Penn Mac and take it down to the Point. Let you daughter run around and enjoy you cheese and bread along the river. For dinner, it is the beginning of June and if I am not mistaken the Three Rivers Arts Festival is going on. The food is awesome, a little pricey but the portions are huge and meant to be shared. For dinner, I love either to go to Homestead Works. There is a ton of dining there and I believe there is also the EatnPark diner, which is very good and very kid friendly. Of you can go to Station Square. I love Hard Rock Cafe, Buco Di Beppo and Grand Concourse. All three are kid friendly but word of advice, Hard Rock is very loud but a lot of fun. Ask the waitstaff to play YMCA. They will stop what they are doing and dance for you. Buca is italian served Family Style. The portions are huge and they will be tons of leftovers, but that is ok because they heat very well. Grand Concourse is five star dining. I would more recommend this place for Sunday brunch. They have a little area set up just for kids and the bananas foster are the best I have ever had. Another place to try is The Cheesecake Factory. I am not sure exactly where it is in Pittsburgh, but I know that they recently have built one. I believe it is in the South Side area. You can also try the Bloomfield Area. I love the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern for lunch. Don't go at night, they will have a band. yes it is a bar, but it is a family bar and the Polish food is some of the best. Especially the Pierogies.....I went to school with the family that owns this place. Plus they love kids, and always give them toys and treat to play with. There is also Don's which is right next door. They have great italian food. Pittsburgh is a variety of ethiniticies, so whatever you are hungry for, you will be able to find. Another place to check out is Oakland. Go to the Original for a dag and some awesome fries, then walk a few blocks down and get the best homemade ice cream I have ever had. It is called Dave and Andy's. My two favorite flavors are gingerbread cookie and birthday cake. Some good areas are Robinson, South Side, Homestead Works and Station Square. This is where you will find a lot of one of a kind resturants or chains that are only in select cities. For late night eating in the Strip is both Primanti Brothers and Peppis. They are both sandwich/hoagie shops but they are Pittsburgh icons that are meant to be experienced. Good Luck
How about Mad Mex? It's a local chain. Check their web site, they have lots of locations, but I'd avoid the Oakland one because it's very small and always super packed. That location is half price after 11PM though (or at least it used to be), so sometimes that's worth dealing with the line and crowd.

Scoglio's in Robinson is awesome Italian, but the worst service of alltime.

Uncle Sams Subs and Fuel and Fuddle in Oakland are really good too.Any really good Restaurants in Pittsburgh, PA?
Go to that place with the french fries in the middle of the sandwich.
Go to Primanti Bros. that is the one with fried on the sandwich. Also, Applebees is good, as far as the 2-yr old, Kings restaurant is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment