Monday, March 12, 2012

Bringing a gift while submitting a resume?

My roommate is looking for a job, and she got an application from a store today. She told me that when she turns in her resume, she's going to give the manager gourmet cupcakes and cookies (which she gets from her current job at a specialty bakery). I told her she might want to wait on that, because the people at the new job might feel a bit weird about hiring someone who is bringing them a gift. I thought it might even come across as unprofessional. What do you think? I'm actually just curious about this because it got me thinking about what's appropriate when job-hunting.Bringing a gift while submitting a resume?
That would not be appropriate. It could be seen as a bribe, and possibly even keep her from getting the job.
I agree with the answerer above. This is highly inappropriate. Her CV/Resume should do the taking, not resorting to bribes. Very bad etiquette.Bringing a gift while submitting a resume?
No way. It looks like she is sucking up to them.

I have never heard of someone doing this before and don't believe it is appropriate.
Tell your stupid pathetic friend that it will be seen for what it is, an obvious bribe!
That's pretty lame. It will probably hurt her chances more than help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment