Monday, March 12, 2012

French project: cupcake store?

In my french class we have to run a mini restaurant or bakery presentation complete with food, menus, slogan, name and a presentation about your store. I am having a gourmet cupcake bakery and soda bar. I'm not very advanced in french and I am in an 'academically advanced' school for grade 8, and I am good at giving presentations and all of the visual parts but I need a name. Something that sounds good in french and is short. A name I like in English is 'sprinkles' but sadly it sounds bad in french. Any ideas?French project: cupcake store?
Nuit Bleu.



When Americans went to make a movie in France they needed NIGHT scenes; they shot them during the day, using BLUE filters. Ever since the French have this term 'nuit Americaine', Francois Truffaut even used that as the title of a movie.



Cupcakes are an American invention, not French. So a name with a hidden American reference in it seems apt. If you explain it (or your teacher GETS it) it might score you a few %26lt;giggle%26gt; BROWNIE points.



Should your teacher point out that cupcakes are not French; tell teach that croissants are not French either! Croissants were invented in Vienna, Austria, on the occasion of a Turkish siege of the city ending. The croissant crescent shape is meant to represent the crescent on the Turkish flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment