Friday, March 9, 2012

So, I get my very own newspaper page with whatever topic I choose..what should I write about?

It doesn't have to be along the lines of a current event. In fact, we will be designing it like a magazine. What should the topic of my page be, and how should I go about accomplishing it? It could be about gourmet cupcakes, or anything!So, I get my very own newspaper page with whatever topic I choose..what should I write about?
The fun you have spending your days on Yahoo Answers!!
How about writing about all the dogs in your local animal shelter that desperately need homes. ;O)So, I get my very own newspaper page with whatever topic I choose..what should I write about?
Lunch time! There are a variety of things you can talk about regarding lunch time! Everything from disecting the food you're eating to the people you run into on the way to and from lunch. For me, there is never a dull moment when it comes to lunch time!
Talk about something that will interest people. Make it an in depth DID YOU KNOW? kind of thing.



I watched a crazy show about hurricanes last night. They found that the thing purchased most before a hurricane was BEER and the thing purchased the most after a hurricane was Pop Tarts.



They also told you useful stuff like the strongest structural place to hid in your house would be the stairwell if you get caught in a storm. But it was interesting. I didn't turn the channel.



They also explained how they happen, the naming convention, that in the Southern Hemisphere they are cyclones and in the Northern Hemisphere they are hurricanes. Just a ton of interesting stuff.
I find I do my best columns when I'm ticked off about something or passionate about it.

So pick a topic which fits either of those criteria, research it , do an outline then write it.
Gosh you would think you'd get a million ideas from in here...I could write incessantly for hours on end...sure you don't need another writer?
Perhaps, you can write on something you have interest in and have sufficient knowledge, and something you know the readers would be interested.



Ask yourself:



- What is the demographics of the readers?

- What are they interested in?

- Do you want the topic to be serious or light-hearted?

- Do you want to include interesting photographs and illustrations?

- How long will the articles be?

- Which topics am I interested in? Writing about your passion can be an invigorating experience.
  • vegetarian diet
  • things to do in dc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment